Saturday, April 13, 2013

My past success to today's success

What do I mean by my past success that leads to today success?  My success is writing this blog that no one that I know who are close to me are doing this what I am doing.

What my past has anything to do with today's success?   I was born deaf, 5th child of hearing family. I was lucky to get best education my parents found for me.  I went to public high school and I was the first deaf person to attend public school.  At that time, there was no resources for deaf such as sign language interpreter, CART, or note takers.  I graduated top 1/4 in class of 1,000 students.

After graduation, I went to college in Washington DC from New York.  I had no savings or any means of income and one bag of possessions.  After one year, I left college and got myself three part time jobs for approx one year then reduced to 2 jobs when my employer increased part time hours to full time and one part time job.  Over the years, I continue to seek self improvement by getting myself more education, took training opp'y offered by employers.

I became first deaf loan officer for a mortgage company, which was featured in Deaf Mosaic that aired on Discovery channel in 1991 and then, I became first deaf Realtor in Northern Virginia which was featured in Real Estate Today magazine and then I worked my way up with Federal Government which I retired after 19 years.

Blessing Gold Club

BGC got my attention because the word Blessing means you send blessings and get blessed.  I have made new friends through social media and found old friends.  http://blessinggoldclub.site-ym.com/

I have met a couple of hearing people from BGC who I interacted via social media, text messages from cell phone without revealing my hearing loss.  I feel the power of internet which provides me success.

You can do the same thing too.   http://blessinggoldclub.site-ym.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment